1. Your air conditioner is blowing warm air: If your AC unit is not cooling properly, it could be a sign that you need an AC tune-up. The most common cause of this issue is a lack of refrigerant in the system. During an AC tune-up, our professional HVAC technicians will check for any leaks and refill the system with the necessary refrigerant.
2. Your energy bills are increasing: If your monthly energy bills seem to be consistently on the rise, an AC tune-up may help you reduce them. This is because a well-maintained air conditioner runs more efficiently than one that needs attention and repairs, meaning it will use less energy to cool your home. An AC tune-up can also identify any issues that are causing your system to run ineffectively, helping you save money on energy bills.
3. Your air conditioner is making strange noises: If your AC unit is making strange noises such as grinding, squealing or rattling, this could be an indication that there is some kind of mechanical issue with your unit. During an AC tune-up, a technician will inspect the system for any signs of wear and tear and determine if repairs are necessary.
4. Unusual smells: If you notice an unpleasant smell coming from your air conditioner, it could be a sign of mold growth inside the system. Mold can form as a result of moisture buildup, and this can affect the air quality in your home. During an AC tune-up, our team will inspect the system for signs of mold and clean if necessary.
5. The air conditioner is not turning on: If your AC unit isn’t powering up at all, it’s likely that there is an issue with the electrical components of the system. During an AC tune-up, we will inspect the wiring and replace any faulty parts that are causing the problem. Additionally, we will check for any signs of wear and tear on other components to ensure your unit is running safely and efficiently. Taking these steps now can help you avoid costly repair bills down the road.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs that your air conditioner is in need of a tune-up – call the HVAC experts at Lewis Maclean today to schedule service. We guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the results. Proper maintenance over the life of your HVAC system will extend its life and save you money on your utility bills and repairs. Sign up for one of our Annual Maintenance Plans and you’ll save both time and money.